Ten Things You Didn't Know about Viagra
Viagra is a very popular drug that most people have heard of. Whether on TV, ads in your email to buy Viagra online, or in jokes, Viagra is everywhere. Although most people have heard of it, not everyone knows what it can do. Here are ten uncommon facts about Viagra, so that you can impress your friends the next time it comes up.
- Viagra did not begin as an erectile dysfunction treatment. Actually, Viagra started out as a treatment for a specific heart condition called angina. While testing the drug, researchers noticed its effects on erections, and decided to use it for that purpose instead.
- Viagra can be good for gardens. Although Viagra is first and foremost a treatment for erectile dysfunction, heart conditions, high blood pressure, and altitude sickness, it can also be used to stop plants from wilting.
- Sometimes Viagra can be hard to obtain. Some insurance companies see Viagra as a want rather than a need, and therefore refuse to cover it. Unless you have diabetes or multiple sclerosis, you might have to pay for Viagra out of pocket, or you might get a limited supply.
- Viagra is not an instant fix. Many people think Viagra causes instant and automatic erections. However, Viagra can take anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours to begin working, and it only works if you are being sexually stimulated.
- Viagra will not increase your desire for sex. Viagra only works to help you maintain strong erections; it does not increase your libido or make you want to have sex.
- Sometimes Viagra can affect your vision. In some men Viagra causes a reduction in vision, and some men even develop blue vision. Blue vision is temporary and harmless. Other side effects include flushing, indigestion, and headaches.
- Viagra is the most counterfeited drug in the world. Viagra is very popular and a lot of people want it. This makes it an easy target for counterfeiters. You should always shop at legitimate pharmacies, whether online or local, that require a prescription in order to process your order.
- When used correctly, Viagra is very effective. Some men need different dosages than others, so if you are not seeing the results you would like, talk to your doctor about adjusting the dose. Viagra has an overall success rate of 80%, so it is likely to work for you. If you are experiencing negative side effects, a lower dose might help.
- Men older than 65 years of age are typically prescribed a lower dosage. This age group begins treatment at 25mg. In some circumstances you will get a higher dose. Speak with your doctor about any concerns.
- Viagra should only be used once per day. Viagra can only be taken once per twenty-four hour period, and only has effects for around four hours for most men. This means you will need to plan sexual activity accordingly.